tampasbravest

Old Firehouse #8 - hyde park
1924 - 1982







Firehouse #8 opened in 1924 in Old Hyde Park. It was built with the same design as old firehouses #2 and #7. There is not much information on the history of this station other than that it was closed in July 1933 due to the Great Depression. It is currently being used by a law firm. The current Station #8 opened in the Westshore area in 1982. 



Ford C/E-One 1000gpm / 500 water / Circa 1981

Photo: Steve Brand


Old Firehouse #8 while active - 1971

Photo: Tampa Firefighters Museum