Old Firehouse #4 - 9th Ave. & 18th St.- ybor city
1897 - 1906

Opened in 1897, the original Firehouse #4 was a wooden structure designed much like the original Firehouse #5 in Tampa Heights. This station was in service until it was replaced with a brick firehouse in 1906.

Firehouse #4 - c 1900
Photo: Tampa Firefighters Museum

This map from 1895 shows a Hook & Ladder stationed at the intersection of 9th Ave. and 18th St.