tampasbravest

Old Firehouse #2 - N. 12th St. ybor city

1924 - 1976



 

Built in 1924 to replace the original Firehouse #2, this station was active until 1976. At that time it became the Fire Department Supply Division. Built with the same design as old Firehouses #7 and #8 it was at sometime added on to so that it could accommodate larger apparatus. In 2005 the Supply Division moved to a new location and Tampa Fires Public Education moved in. In 2010 the Tampa Police Department took over use of the building. Eventually the designation of Station #2 was moved to a new station at Tampa International Airport’s west side.