tampasbravest

Old Firehouse #1 - downtown
c1895 - 1911






1901

Tampa Fire Department Headquarters - c1900
Photo: Tampachanging.com



Original Firehouse #1
Photo: Tampa Firefighters Museum


June 1886 - While still the Headquarters for Tampa Police Department

Photo: tampagov.net/dept_police


Constructed sometime in the 1880's and located at the corner of Lafayette St. and Florida Ave., the building was originally headquarters to Tampa Police Department. Around 1895 it became home of the Tampa Fire Department headquarters. In 1911 a new Station #1 and headquarters was built at the intersection of
Zack St. and Jefferson Ave.


This map from 1895 shows an Engine and a Hook & Ladder stationed at Florida Ave. & Lafayette St.