tampasbravest

Firehouse #6 - palmetto beach










Station #6 and Engine #6 1942 American LaFrance 500 Series / 750gpm (Reassigned from Engine #5)

Date of picture unknown

Photo: Courtesy Firehouse #6

Opened in 1914, Station #6 is the oldest active firehouse in the city of Tampa. It has gone through several additions throughout the years to accommodate the changes from horses to apparatus and then to larger apparatus. Station #6 sits in the heart of the Palmetto Beach neighborhood which is on the edge of the Port of Tampa, Florida's largest port that ranks among the nations top 10 in trade activity. Station #6 currently houses Engine 6 and HIT 6. All personnel assigned to Station #6 are Hazardous Materials Technicians. 


Engine #6 (7566) 2006 Pierce Enforcer / 1500gpm / 500 water




HIT 6 (7992) 2012 Pierce Quantum