tampasbravest

Firehouse #2 - tampa international airport




Station #2 - February 2006

Opened in February 2006, the current Firehouse #2 is located at the Tampa International Airport. The use of the ‘Station 2’ designation goes back to 1895 when Tampa became a paid department with the original designation located in Ybor City until 1976. In 1987 it was designated to the new west side airport station. In 2006, with the opening of the new TIA station, east side station #22 and west side station #2 combined and the designation remained as Firehouse #2.

       




ARFF 1 (7692) 2011 Oshkosh Striker 3000 / 1950gpm / 3000 water / 420 foam / 460lbs. Dry-chem PPK


ARFF 2 (7697) 1996 Oshkosh T-3000 / 2000gpm / 3000 water / 420 foam


ARFF 3 2013 Oshkosh Striker 3000 / 1950gpm / 3000 water / 420 foam / Halotron
(Photo: tampasbravest.com)


ARFF 4 (7691) 2006 Oshkosh Striker 1500 / 1950gpm / 1500 water / 210 foam / 460lbs. Halotron


ARFF 5 (7696) 1989 Oshkosh T1500 / 1250gpm / 1585 water / 205 foam / 500lbs. Halon 1211


ARFF 7 (7695) 1986 Oshkosh P-19 / 950gpm / 1000 water / 130 foam / 500lbs. Halon 1211 (Reassigned from ARFF 1)


ARFF 6 (7687) 2008 Ford F350