tampasbravest

Firehouse #17 - Davis Islands


Station #17

Opened in 1958, Firehouse #17 serves the residents of Davis Islands. This station is staffed by marine trained firefighters which staff
Fire Boat 1, ‘The Patriot’, on water calls and ship fires.


#17 Plaque


Engine #17 (7563) 2006 Pierce Enforcer / 1500 gpm / 500 water (Reassigned from Engine #8)


Fire Boat Patriot (7755) 2009 MetalCraft Marine / 69' 6" / >14,000gpm / 500gal Foam


Fire Boat 1 (Richard D. Santmyer) 1993 Seark / 32' / 1250 gpm / Triple Mercury 250's


Brush Truck #17 (7635) 2003 Freightliner FL70 / 250gpm / 800 water


Early 1980's

Photo: Steve Brand


Engine #17 and Power Unit #1 at Station #17 (1960)
Photo: Tampa Firefighters Museum


Salvage #1 and trailered Intelligiant at Station #17 (1960)
(per the photos description, this was a trailered IG unit)
Photo: Tampa Firefighters Museum